Ideally, every woman should be happy and comfortable with the body she has. Unfortunately, many women are not. If you are unhappy with your breasts and want to make them appear larger and firmer, read on for tips and tricks on how to achieve that without surgery or pills.
Practice good posture. This is by far the least expensive and fastest way to make your breasts look bigger. Hold your head up, shoulders rolled back and down, chest forwards and spine straight. This alone can make your breasts look bigger and perkier, as well as making you look slimmer and taller.
Build up your pectoral muscles. Increasing the bulk of the muscles beneath your breasts will make them appear firmer and more rounded. Regular push-ups are the best way to achieve this - build up slowly until you can manage to drop and do 15 push-ups all at once.
Improve your core and arm muscles. Slimming your core (the muscles around your waist and ribs) and arms will make your breasts appear larger by comparison, without actually adding any breast tissue. Try yoga and pilates exercises that can help you build lean, long muscles without bulking up.
Wear the right bra size. Sadly, most women wear incorrect bra sizes because they've never been appropriately measured. The right bra should sit snugly beneath your breasts and cup all of the tissue closely, as well as making it easier for you to stand up straight. Measure your bra size yourself, or go in for a free professional fitting at a department store. (Don't feel shy about being professionally fitted - usually the ladies who do fittings are chosen for their warm and accepting demeanors. Remember, she's probably seen it all.)
- Victoria's Secret advertises fittings, but don't go there. They carry a narrow range of bra sizes and, instead of telling you your true size, will simply try to get you into a size available at the store.
Know how to put on a bra correctly. Once you've been properly sized, make sure that you're putting on your bra in a way that will achieve maximum lift and comfort. Slip the straps over your arms, facing forward, so that the unhooked clasps are at your back. Bend over so that all of your breast tissue falls forward, and maneuver the bra over your breasts. Still bent over, reach back and clasp the bra. Adjust the band and straps as necessary.
Wear bras that enhance your breasts. There are many options available, so the best way to work out what gives you your desired effect is to go and try lots of different types on. The following types of bras are the best for women wanting bigger breasts:
- Push up bras are designed to push your breasts up (as the name implies), and move the breasts closer together, creating more cleavage. They push the boobs up using padding usually made of foam. The best known brand for making push-up bras is Wonder bra. However, most lingerie stores supply them.
- Padded bras, like push-up bra's, contain foam padding in the cups. They are designed to give fuller-looking breasts to small-chested women, but don't lift them or create extra cleavage.
- Gel, air or water padded bras are the same as padded bras but are designed to look and move more naturally, and to give a more noticeable enhancement. The only down side to these is that they often cost more money. Also, air padded bras often need the padding replaced as the air leaks out.
Wear clothes with a detailed neckline. Lace, ruffles and jewels, gathered material, pleats, ruching and twists are some examples of what to look for on the neckline of clothes. This provides a visual boost and makes the breasts appear larger. When wearing ruffles, be careful that they are not too big that they overpower the size of your boobs, else they might make them look smaller rather than larger.
- Stay away from low v or low scoop necklines, they'll seem to shrink the size of your boobs. Instead wear moderately high, asymmetrical, crew or gathered necklines. These are the most flattering for women with smaller breasts as they enhance their shape and make them appear bigger.
Use patterns and colours to your advantage. They can help to change the way the proportions of your body look. Generally light colours make something look larger, and dark colours make something look slimmer:
- If you're wearing patterns or bright or light colours, then wear them on your torso not your bottom half. You should have duller colours on your bottom half to help make your figure look more in proportion.
- Wear dark trousers and a top with horizontal stripes to make your hips appear narrower, and your breasts appear larger in comparison. The top should be in light colors.
Get a breast massage. Massaging your breasts is good for stimulating the nerves and for increasing blood flow to them. This causes the breasts to get bigger over time. Also, increasing blood flow to them may help to stop them from sagging as it delivers more nutrients to your breasts for repair as well as growth. You can give yourself a relaxing breast massage by setting aside some private time with yourself and then slowly undress. Lay down on your bed or sit over. Take your hands and cup your breasts from underneath. Move them in gentle circles. Then, starting from the nipple out, smooth your hands over your breasts in strokes.
As a last resort, use makeup to create the impression of larger boobs. Put a darker shade of foundation than your usual shade where you want shading to go to give the impression of cleavage. However this is not recommended for everyday use since it could smudge and look silly. But, for photos or a special occasion it may be worth giving a go. Don't rush it, you'll feel stupid if somebody realizes that you've painted your cleavage on.
- Body fat plays a major role in breast size. Lean figures usually have smaller breasts.
- Understand that beauty involves a wide array of body types and measurements, and this beauty includes a variety of breast sizes.
- Massage your breasts every time you take a shower to increase the blood flow and stimulate the nerves.
- It's a lie that men only like women with large breasts - everyone has their own preference. As long as you are healthy, try to be happy with your body.
- Wearing two bras can noticeably make your breasts look instantly bigger.
- Wearing a bra that is about one size to small can give you more cleavage
- Sleeping with a bra on at night might seem like a good idea, but research indicates that it could cause the ligaments in your breasts to weaken.